Sights > Religious monuments > Sázavský klášter
, 28506 Černé Budy
GPS: 49° 52' 39" N 14° 53' 52" E
Originally a monastery with Slavic liturgy, originated in 1032. Since the early 12th century the Benedictine monastery. Burnt down by the Hussites, revived in the 16th century, in the 17th century rebuilt in the Baroque style. The monastery abolished by Joseph II, in the 19th century rebuilt into a Pseudo-Renaissance chateau. A monumental torso of the Church of St. Prokop, an abbot chapel, a Gothic crypt. The exposition “the Old-Slavic Sázava”, a capitulary hall with Gothic wall paintings. A significant medieval centre of Slavic culture and literature. The Madonna of Sázava.