Sights > Castles > Vimperk
Podzámčí , 38501 Vimperk
GPS: 49° 03' 16" N 13° 46' 18" E
Originally a Gothic castle originated in the 13th century, rebuilt into a Renaissance chateau, enlarged in Baroque, renovated after the fire in 1857. Fortifications of the original castle, the little fortress Haselburg with a castle wall and a cylinder tower. Expositions: The nature of Šumava, the history of the town, book-print, glass manufactures,, technical sights, crafts.