Sights > Castles > Kost
, 507 45 Podkost
GPS: 50° 29' 26" N 15° 08' 05" E
Tel.: +420 493 571 144
One of the best-preserved Gthic catlea in Bohemia, dating from the second half of the 14th century, expanded during the Renaissance. After a 1635 fire, the palace was converted into a granary; the castle was used for utilitarian purposes. Includes the castle complex, a Renaissance kitchen in the Biberstein palace, historical weapons from the collections pf the District Museum of Mladá Boleslav a the Military Museum in Prague. Also, collections assembled by the Kinsky family.