Sights > Ruins > Nový hrádek u Lukova
, 671 03 Vranov nad Dyjí
GPS: 48° 48' 52" N 15° 55' 21" E
Tel.: +420 515 296 215
A large ruin of a Gothic castle from the second half of the 14th century, consisting of an older rare castle and a front castle, built from the original fortifications. In the 16th century enlarged in the Renaissance style, in 1645 conquered by the Swedish, demolished and deserted. In the 18th century a part of the front castle rebuilt into a hunting chateau. Up to 1990 the castle was closed to the public because of its location near the Austrian border. Expositions: the castle complex consisting of the front two-wing building, on the top of which is a beautiful view of the National Park Podyjí, and the rare castle with double oval fortification and a residential palace.